Join now - be part of our community!

Home & Options buttons not working since BD player installed.

SOLVED
jabanks65
Explorer

Home & Options buttons not working since BD player installed.

I have a new KD-49X8585B which has worked perfectly, connected to my original Sony STR-DA1200ES receiver/amp and my virgin Media Tivo box.

I installed a new Sony BDP-S7200 blue ray player which also works well but when using the hdmi connection input between receiver and TV the HOME & OPTION buttons on the TV or the BD player remotes do not work. If I have the BD player switched off and am viewing from the Tivo and press the HOME button the TV indicator light flashes but the menu does not come up on screen, however the BD player then switches itself on. If I then switch the player off manually then the TV input is changed to HDMI 2 which is not in use.

If I switch the TV input to 'TV' then the Home & OPTION buttons work but I cannot alter the 3D settings in the Options menu.

The new BD player replaced a high spec Denon DVD player and when that was connected I could access all the remote control functions when the TV input was via HDMI.

What if anything do I need to change to be able to use the HOME & OPTION buttons whilst connected to the receiver via HDMI?

10 REPLIES 10
jabanks65
Explorer

I think I will leave Bravia Sync disabled for now, it does seem rather odd to have a sync function that disables several of the more important buttons on both the TV and BD player remote controls, the Home & Option buttons do not work with either remote control if Bravia Sync is enabled.:smileysad:

All my devices except the Virgin Media TV box are Sony but the receiver/amp is possibly not Bravia sync compatible as it is around 8/9 years old now.