Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32BX300, no sound only video through my av plug ins (1, 2 and 3)

SOLVED

KDL-32BX300, no sound only video through my av plug ins (1, 2 and 3)

My sony bravia KDL-32BX300 tv has developed a fault where there is no sound only video when I use any of my AV plug ins (1 and 2 are scart, 3 is the multiple pin plug in) I have tried multiple devices that all work on other tvs ( Wii, ps2 and dvd player) and all have the same issue of video but no audio.

My HDMI plug ins give me perfect sound (sky and ps3) and my normal freeview tv has sound.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you have tested the devices on other TVs and it has worked.  Can you confirm that you have also tested the cables (ie SCART etc) on another TV and it works?  Also, have you tried another set of cables?

If you have done those, it is more than likely a hardware fault of the TV itself.  Best to contact Sony : HERE or find an authorised Sony Repair Centre : HERE

Also, as this TV is a 2010 model, it just might not be economical to repair - considering this model is at the budget end of the scale. 

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you have tested the devices on other TVs and it has worked.  Can you confirm that you have also tested the cables (ie SCART etc) on another TV and it works?  Also, have you tried another set of cables?

If you have done those, it is more than likely a hardware fault of the TV itself.  Best to contact Sony : HERE or find an authorised Sony Repair Centre : HERE

Also, as this TV is a 2010 model, it just might not be economical to repair - considering this model is at the budget end of the scale. 

Cheers

I've done everything you recommended in regards to the devices and using other cables, still no joy.

It is as I feared looks like the tv will need a repair, thank you for your help.