Join now - be part of our community!

KDL43WD756 loses sound and sometimes picture too

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
nosoundjim
Explorer

KDL43WD756 loses sound and sometimes picture too

Hi, this smart TV was bought brand new last July '16. Its connected via HDMI cable to our Virgin Media box. Typically, when watching live TV most evenings, all will be working fine until suddenly, faint snow might appear on the screen, the sound will drop out and often the picture too will go. All that we can do to get it back is turn the TV to standby, wait a few seconds and then switch on again. Even at that, theres times when the TV wont come off standby and we need to do a 'hard' switch off and back on again. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IE.title
nosoundjim
Explorer

Update: The problem here was simple, changed the HDMI cable 2 weeks ago and havent had a problem since then.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try disabling the HDMI-CEC functions on the Virgin box?  Is it a Tivo by any chance?  Also have you tried another HDMI cable - if not try that too.

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
nosoundjim
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus. I've switched off Bravia Sync (CEC) on the TV itself, so far so good. I'll wait to see how that goes before I find a similar option on the Viring box. The box is a Samsung. I'll wait until Saturday morn maybe to try a different cable, that way we'll have a fair idea whether it wasn't the CEC issue. I'll get back either way and update this thread.

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
nosoundjim
Explorer

Update: The problem here was simple, changed the HDMI cable 2 weeks ago and havent had a problem since then.