Join now - be part of our community!

Removal of VEWD TV Store

Removal of VEWD TV Store

I notice Vewd is going to be removed from my Sony Tv.  Is it going to be replaced with something else? If not how am I to download apps I want/ need??

Tags (1)
155 REPLIES 155
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hey @Helin0x,

@Helin0x  schrieb:

You could still have got mail albeit in a different way than before.

and you can't watch YouTube on your Computer/Smartphone? 

I don't really see what issue you have with my story - I never claimed it to be the exact same topic as discussed here, it is just similar in terms of me having been able to access a service trough a gateway (browser) just as VEWD was the gateway you used on your TV and one day the service was not usable trough said gateway due to a change of the service and the gateway being outdated. For you VEWD was removed, so you don't even have the gateway anymore - see different topic - in the end though we both can't use the service anymore :frowning:

- Nic

profile.country.MK.title
Zoki84

There is an update on 03.07

2019. Resolves a Netflix playback issue where the Netflix Error tvq-pm-100 (5.2.102) error message was being displayed after the first few seconds of the selected content. Hahahaaaa, they are crazy

profile.country.MK.title
Zoki84

Before there was an update ; 

• Resolves on-screen keyboard issues with the Internet browser app
  • Where is the browser ? What issue , if i had a browser on the tv i can use wev apps , but there isnt
profile.country.GB.title
Helin0x

There is... but 90% of the vewd apps in it will give you an out of memory error. Couple this will having to use the remote as a mouse which is  super painful compared to using the app natively and being able to button around makes this solution unviable

profile.country.GB.title
Helin0x

Nic you’re right. We can’t use the service but other than that they are not really related. 

End of the day my LG tv still works, my Samsung TV still works, any android OS TV will work as google is both free and not going anywhere so to futureproof ourselves next time we should buy an android TVs, but we will never buy or recommend Sony again, I just can’t take the risk my investment (TV ain’t cheap) in a TV will be worthless 6 months down the line

profile.country.GB.title
UnhappySonyUser568
Explorer

Although I am not a lawyer nor pretending to be one (a criminal offence in the UK), I did study contract law at degree level and I can tell you, what you have described is 2 separate contracts.

I entered into a contract with Sony in regard to them allowing me access to use these apps i.e. VEWD Store via the Smart Tv that I purchased. Should I choose to use VEWD, I then enter into a separate contract with VEWD. In this situation, my contract with VEWD remains intact as they are still allowing me access. Hence their t&c's do not apply in this situation, as it is the contract between Sony and VEWD that has been terminated; I did not terminate mine with VEWD.

By Sony denying me access to apps via my Smart TV then they could be in breach of their contract with me - perhaps for example, under the UK's Sale of Goods Act (1979). As I say, I am not a lawyer, which is why I am in the process of contacting various UK legal experts and consumer associations for advice. It might be worthwhile doing the same in regard to complaining about your phone.

profile.country.GB.title
notsosmart1000
Explorer

I bought the TV so my kids can watch IPTV which I paid for the whole year. No IPTV app would make Sony tv a useless box.
profile.country.GB.title
Tornike
Explorer

There is a hack, which solved my current problem. Ott player is working you have to change dns address of network connection.

https://youtu.be/ORo00DkFJJM

Video is in Russian.

P.S. Do not buy Sony! :slight_smile:

profile.country.MK.title
Zoki84

I dont have ivi, forkplayer is a web app and there is no browser in my tv. Its only nerflix, youtube, wether, radio, photo shering, fhoto frame and concert. I cant lunch the forkplayer

profile.country.GB.title
john_g_mccabe
Explorer

I've got the same problem, tried all those steps, and it's made no difference.

What else can you suggest, as this appears to be an issue at the Sony end.