Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-65X8505B

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
DazlingMyers
Explorer

Sony KD-65X8505B

Hello,

Can someone on this forum please confirm that the following Sony TV in the subject field (Which I have had for 5 years)..Is pretty much dead in regards to new apps?

I went onto the Apps part today, and when entering "All APPS" it only showed a screens worth nothing more.

It used have lots of apps, scrolling to the right but now....nada (Nothing!!)

And yes I have refreshed my internet connections, and what's really bizarre, are old Apps such as "Cops" or "Golf Digest" are there on my Fav screen, but unreachable, but APPS like BBC News and Prime are...as they exist on the only APP page now. Work Fine

If someone could confirm I would be grateful, then I'll sell this thing and get a Samsung or LG that does support new APPS such as Disney+ which is ideally what I want...  or Has Sony given up updating its old stock?

Thanks

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

That model is from 2014 TVs and his platform is old, now Sony use Android TV on his products and Disney has developed Disney+ only for new Sony Android TVs...

You can buy an Amazon Fire Stick TV for get the Android Apps, without the Google ecosystem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

That model is from 2014 TVs and his platform is old, now Sony use Android TV on his products and Disney has developed Disney+ only for new Sony Android TVs...

You can buy an Amazon Fire Stick TV for get the Android Apps, without the Google ecosystem.

profile.country.GB.title
DazlingMyers
Explorer

Thanks for confirming back

I had suspected guess that would be the case, shame as its still a good TV but missing the App part now.

Managed to skid around it and shortly after posting this, I added the app to my Playstation 4 , so I can still access Disney+ that way...

Thanks Again