Join now - be part of our community!

Sony X85 4K Television

SOLVED
ralphy224

Sony X85 4K Television

I have a Sony X85 TV. In my Apps I can open sites and Add to my Apps where they can also open. The only thing I can't do is open the radio stations eg. Capital .Smooth Radio etc. in Apps.  They show they want to connect. I can add them to My Apps and they will still not open. Is it because these radio stations have been discontinued or what other reason can their be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ralphy224

Hi,

I spoke to a Sony Agent and he talked me through doing a factory reset. Doing this reset has solved my problem and now all my apps on my TV open.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I no longer have a 2014 TV to test this out, however they work on my 2013 (KDL-42W807A) TV.  I would suggest doing a "Refresh Internet Content" via the network menu and try again to be honest. 

Cheers

ralphy224

Sir, I went to Network, Refreshed Internet Content which downloaded and I
pressed Home to Display the Menu. I went to My Apps and the Radio Stations
didn't open and some of my other Apps are not opening.

Was there anything else I should have done. I couldn't open Opera TV Store.
I can connect to the Internet.

Thanking you for any further assistance you can give me to get my apps
working properly.

Ralphy224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know you said that you are connected to the network. Am I assuming that you've connected your TV to your network via wireless?  If so, can you please connect an ethernet cable to the TV and change the TVs network settings to LAN cable.  Then give this a test out. 

Im just trying to determine if its an intermittent network issue.

If you are still having problems even when connected via a LAN cable, can you ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on the TV?

Cheers

ralphy224

Hi,

I spoke to a Sony Agent and he talked me through doing a factory reset. Doing this reset has solved my problem and now all my apps on my TV open.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you have got it working.  Amazing how often a factory reset seems to work :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting an update.