Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming Media to a KDL-40W605 - Help with BBC iplayer please...

profile.country.GB.title
bradbyss
Explorer

Streaming Media to a KDL-40W605 - Help with BBC iplayer please...

I recently bought a Sony KDL40W605.

My pc runs Microsoft xp, with the PLEX media server.

I have downloaded my video content to PLEX, most of which plays via WIFI to the Television.

I also have a BBC iplayer channel which plays perfectly on my computer, but it will not play on the television.

The tv displays the different iplayer folders, but when i try to open a program, it states "there is no content to display".

What am I doing wrong?

I would also like to display my media on the home page, and not have to use the Media player icon in the bottom left hand corner of the home screen. Any ideas?

Any assistance in these matters is greately appreciated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not 100% sure why you are trying to use the iPlayer via a Plex plugin - I suggest using the built-in iPlayer app on the TV.  If you wish to persist with this, I believe Plex support would be better equiped to answer this. 

I did find this though:

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/109459-bbc-iplayer-live-streams-no-longer-showing/

Displaying media on homepage, does this help : http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HM154111/EN/homemenu.html

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bradbyss
Explorer

Thank you for your prompt reply, but it does not address the problem.

I live in France, so I access the internet through a VPN - hence the plex Media server.

I am trying to understand why I can watch all the BBC iplayer content on my PC, but not on the TV.

I can see the various folders on the TV (such as highlights, channels etc), but when I try to open them the TV simply states there is no content available.

I hope this extra information might assist you to assist me!

Thanks very much in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the additional information.  I'll have a think on this one to be honest (as unsure at this moment) and get back to you :slight_smile:

@rooobb  - Have you come across this on the Italian community? (anyone you know connect via VPN to BBC iPlayer via a Plex server pluging, or even Serviio for that matter? )  - Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a think about your issue, unfortunately I am unable to resolve or assist you to be honest.  There is just too many variables.  At the moment the BBC iPlayer is going through many changes, and could be incompatible with the TV, or it could be that your TV must also have a "British" IP address via VPN as well.  Or that the Plex plugin just doesnt work with the TV.

My advice is to search the Plex forums and ask for advice there.  I wish you all the best in your endevours :slight_smile:

Cheers.