Join now - be part of our community!

The Info Bar on my Sony Bravia KDL-26V4000 is stuck on.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
CheezeEGG
New

The Info Bar on my Sony Bravia KDL-26V4000 is stuck on.

20200328_143227.jpg

That information bar on the top left won't go away when I use Av1, Av2, Av3, HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, COMP or PC. The only source it is not active on is TV wich I don't use.

I have looked through the settings and found nothing, the Information button on the remote does nothing and I am at the point where I'm going to start to pull hairs out.

I have only owned this TV for a week and it already annoys me greatly when playing video games as it almost always obscures text.

Everywhere says to go to channel settings, but I can't find it... if it even exists.

Is there a way to get this to turn off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
CheezeEGG
New

If I paid for it or not doesn't matter in this particular situation. I got it form my Granddad when he passed away recently if you really must know where it came from.

It took too long to get a reply here so I took matters in my own hands.
I opened up the controller and found the rubber part under the info button had split and had deteriorated, I super glued it to the circuit and it worked afterwards. Granddad must of left it on so he could remember what AV or source he was on and due to the age of the controller it deteriorated. There was deterioration to the other edges too but nothing too bad.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are talking about a 12 years old model.....hope you didn't buy it but just got it for free.

There wasn't any setting for it on that tv. Just push the i+ remote button. If it doesn't work maybe the remote is broken. 

profile.country.GB.title
CheezeEGG
New

If I paid for it or not doesn't matter in this particular situation. I got it form my Granddad when he passed away recently if you really must know where it came from.

It took too long to get a reply here so I took matters in my own hands.
I opened up the controller and found the rubber part under the info button had split and had deteriorated, I super glued it to the circuit and it worked afterwards. Granddad must of left it on so he could remember what AV or source he was on and due to the age of the controller it deteriorated. There was deterioration to the other edges too but nothing too bad.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry for your granddad and glad you solved