Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube won't keep me logged in

J-star

YouTube won't keep me logged in

Hi all

Recently bought the KD-55X9005A Bravia TV.  Unfortunately, while sometimes the YouTube app does seem to remember to keep me logged in between uses, other times it does not and I've had to re-login (by going to youtube.com/activate) a number of times.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?  Is it a problem with the TV or rather something to do with my youtube/google settings e.g. security settings? (I believe I do have two-step verification enabled on google for example.)

P.S., it is not due to TV firmware updates because it's happened too often for that.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To hedge your bets on getting this resolved, can I suggest you also post this to Googles YouTube forums as well?

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/youtube/smart-tvs

Cheers

J-star

Done - one step ahead of you! (thanks though!)

I wonder if yesterday's new firmware update fixes this?  My software version is showing as PKG3.901EUA but there are no details of this version on Sony's support website yet (I gather it takes them some time to get the info up on the site).

Hopefully it will also fix the Netflix app issue where it hangs on trying to exit (easily worked around by presing home button or return, but still an annoying bug).

profile.country.GB.title
Pcguru
New