Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth blues

profile.country.en_GB.title
davidbridgeman
Visitor

Bluetooth blues

I have a fe41s and for some reason it wont receive any Bluetooth files from my phone (Sony ericsson w960i) the phone works with other hardware just not my vaio. what am I missing???.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi atticmaster,

Does the Vaio recognise and pair with your phone?

Is Bluetooth turned on - double click the LAN icon in the system tray and tick Bluetooth.

If neither of the above apply then try turning off your firewall.If that works you will need to do some fine tuning...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
davidbridgeman
Visitor

Hi
Yes, it will pair and everything is turned on, and I have turned off my McAfee firewall. It just won’t send or receive files

Regards

Atticmaster

davidbridgeman
Visitor

Hi 
Yes, it will pair and everything is turned on, and I have turned off my McAfee firewall. It just won’t send or receive files

Regards

Atticmaster

Hi folks

I thought you might like to know how I fixed this problem after a epic battle the solution was simple.
First I decided to format the laptop and start all over again. As you might think this solved the problem, but......... and here the funny thing, it stopped working again, I have no idea why but I noticed an icon missing from the "computer" page called Bluetooth information exchanger. Without this you can’t exchange Bluetooth info. I managed to replace it by uninstalling the old driver and re installed the original driver from the Sony website.

Hope this helps anyone in the same spot.

Regards

Atticmaster

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Thanks for sharing your solution Atticmaster.. :clap: