Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth in VGN-SZ1XP/C...

patonios
Visitor

Bluetooth in VGN-SZ1XP/C...

Hi there! My VGN-SZ1XP Vaio has a led with a bluetooth icon above the keyboard but after installing the latest vaio update named "toshiba bluetooth stack" there is no bluetooth icon in the control panel folder and i can't see a way to use the bluetooth. So I would like your help about what to do to enable my bluetooth again.

P.S The installation of "toshiba bluetooth stack" is marked as succesfull.

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi patonios,

Have you tried turning on the wireless switch and then double clicking the LAN icon in the system tray and selecting Enable Bluetooth Device?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
patonios
Visitor

Thanks for your immediate response! I did what you suggested (The bluetooth was disabled) the bluetooth led turned on (blue light) but i still can't see a relative software in my control panel to customize the device ( I am refering to password creating, finding other bluetooth devices or even to be visible to other devices e.g mobile phones). Is it sth i have to do?

Thanks again. Waiting for your answers.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi patonios,

Sorry to say that I have no idea why the Bluetooth Configuration has disappeared from Control Panel, I can only assume that it has something to do with the update you installed.

I suggest that, assuming that there was nothing in the update that was critical, you uninstall the device and then re-install using the pre-installed (original) drivers.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
BrianMil
Visitor

Hi

Did you manage to finally solve the Bluetooth problem ?

I have suffered exactly the same fate.

patonios
Visitor

Sorry for not answering and thanks for your answers but i was on a trip. I didn't solve my problem as i dont know how to install the initial drivers (where to find them and so on). If there is another solution to the problem is acceptable.

Thanks again

BrianMil
Visitor

Hi Patonios

Thanks for letting me know. If I get it resolved I will post a reply.