Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot see DVD Drive

djwoody
Visitor

Cannot see DVD Drive

Hi,
I have a Vaio FE21H.
In my computer my DVD drive is not displayed.

When i go into Device Manager it has a yellow exclamation mark next to my drive.

Hope you can help
Chris

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Chris,

Double-click on the drive in Device Manager - What error code is Device Manager reporting? If it is code 19, 31, 32, 39 or 41 then a small registry edit should sort the problem.

The following involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you either make a backup of your registry or set a System Restore Point.

Then:

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.
2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

click on this and locate UpperFilters in the righ-hand window, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work – but not usually.

:wink:

djwoody
Visitor

That's fixed it!

I knew it was a matter of changing some values in the registry but wasn't sure where to find them.

Thanks very much
Chris