Join now - be part of our community!

change of operating system language

Patnjiru
Visitor

change of operating system language

hallo all,
merry xmas, am new to the club and have one problem,,my operating system is Home edition and in german language,,,am not comfortable working with it.
how can i safely change this to english without affecting the operations of the notebook, sony vaio fe31m,

pat

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi pat and welcome to the forum.

This link may be of assistance to you. This will of course only alter the Windows operating system language, not any Sony of other pre-installed programs.

You probably already have muisetup.exe on your computer either located at C:\Windows\mui or (less likely) C:\Windows\servicepackfiles/i386.

If you are unable to find it at neither of theses location try a Google as Microsoft are a wee bit touchy out linking download locations to a third party…..

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Patnjiru
Visitor

Hallo,
Happy new year, sorry am confused about this operating system of mine, its MCE-media centre edition, but the option to change the language has been disabled, i have tried the link and doesnt work, the MUI file is there but empty i have no idea what happened.
thanks and kind regards,
Pat

oninz
Visitor

guys help, I also have the same problem,my unit is VGN-S5HP/B. My OS Is windows XP Professional SP2 but i cant find the MUI.exe.I tried to look in C:Windows/mui but the folder is empty. The language of my laptop now is italian and i need english coz only my mom knows ho to speak italian. Plz help me where can i download mui.exe or is it possible?plz guys help..tnx a lot.

twicer
Visitor

TRY check here, TO BE ABLE change of operating system language

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\MUILanguages]
"0xxx"="1"

oninz
Visitor

TRY check here, TO BE ABLE change of operating system language

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\MUILanguages]
"0xxx"="1"

I opened the folder but i dont know what to do. i cant find "0xxx"="1".what shall i do after i located the file?how to change the language?tnx for your reply.