Join now - be part of our community!

FS115B Display brightness

iSix
Visitor

FS115B Display brightness

Is there any way to change the brightness of the display on the FS115B without the hotkeys?

If not, where can I get the hotkey software for this model (it wasn't included in \drivers\), because the brightness is very annyoing.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You should have a folder C:\utils. Go there and run utils.exe. If the folder is not there have a look on your recovery disks or down load the pre-installed utilities package from Vaio-Link.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
iSix
Visitor

Hmm, mine never had a \utils\ folder when I got it a few months ago, and it's not on the recovery discs.

I'll try downloading that package....

Thanks.

iSix
Visitor

No \utils\.
Nothing on the recovery discs.
Nothing in the utilities download.

Anyone else got any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you tried running Setup.exe in the `Utils Installer 1¿ directory of the pre-installed drivers package download?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
iSix
Visitor

Have you tried running Setup.exe in the `Utils Installer 1¿ directory of the pre-installed drivers package download?

Yep, installed, rebooted, and the brightness, volume etc keys still don't work 😞

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I am currently downloading the pre-installed drivers package to see what that contains as this really is puzzling me! I the meantime right click on an empty area of the desktop, select properties and click on the settings tab. Select Advanced ¿if you have a colour tab you can adjust the brightness from there.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Sorry, given up on the download. It is only downloading at 7Kb/sec for some reason and has already been running for nearly two hours and only 48% complete!
I will try again tomorrow.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I have done a bit of digging and according to this, to re-install the Hotkey Utility you need to install 1. Sony Utilities and 2. Sony Shared Library in that order.
The setup files for these can be found in the `Utils installer 1¿ and 'Utils installer 2' folders of the Pre-installed Utilities Package.
I hope this works.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
iSix
Visitor

Thanks for that info, I'll try it when I get home in about a week :slight_smile:

I had the same problem with the download nd was only getting 8KB/s from several locations.