Join now - be part of our community!

I Could Scream!

skykit84
New

I Could Scream!

The courier picked up my laptop to send back to Dabs for my refund today.

Not thinking much of it... carried on into the day opening up a Sony FS series laptop that has had some sort of liquid contamination on it.

As I opened it.... I removed the ram and it occured to me... I forgot to remove my extra 1GB stick of RAM I added into the SZ laptop

So now Dabs will have a laptop with 2gb ram in it 😞

Just to annoy me even more, the core2duo laptop i'm after has 2gb standard in its spec and its one stick... so I could have added that 1gb and made it 3gb!

On another note, I'm using a HP Paviliion DV1355ea for the moment until the refund is complete.
I am shocked. I normally stay well clear from HP laptops but this one is great. 14.1" widescreen but most importnalty, its SILENT
the drive clicks away silently and you dont hear it... and the fans... the fans only come on once every 20mins for a quick blow for about 20seconds

Otherwise, its silent. I am so happy with it that the Sony is beginning to sound like a nightmare now (or a boeing 747!)

Interesting thing is that the laptop is running at 52c standard. the fans kick in around 60c and cools it down to 51/52.
Mostly, Mobmeter reports the lappy running at 800mhz and at times pushing it up to 1.7ghz.

The spec itself is a centrino 1.7 (single core)

the conclusion is that the HP is quieter, MUCH better looking in terms of illumination... its got blue lights for the shortcut keys and in the front to illuminate power/hdd
The screen is nice but I think I prefer the Sony one. The keyboard is better too and the spacebar actually works.

If HP did this in the Core2DUO 2.0 and had the gadgets like fingerprint scanner... I'd happily go with them for once. And this all comes because its so silent! Perfect for my lectures.

Only bad thing i think is the weight (twice of what the SZ is)

Ah well...

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

As I opened it.... I removed the ram and it occured to me... I forgot to remove my extra 1GB stick of RAM I added into the SZ laptop

So now Dabs will have a laptop with 2gb ram in it 😞

I guess you could fire an email off to Dabs and ask if they could return your 1GB module to you with your refund.. :thinking:

Resonate
Visitor

My god man................... I feel for you i really do 1GIG & Overpriced sony module too i guess

skykit84
New

well asked Dabs ... they will "forward" it onto the tech team once they recieve it but they do stress that no promises will be made

of course, they probably just want it for themselves lol

ah well

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Fingers crossed... :four_leaf_clover: