Join now - be part of our community!

monitor screen size

fitzy589
Visitor

monitor screen size

hey ........

i have a VGN-FS195VP and have had to format and recover, problem is i have downloaded the monitor driver, the screen is not fully on the screen, just sits in the middle with a huge black border,but cannot install it, probably because i am rubbish at this kinda stuff, i would appreciate a step by step guide on how to sort it, thanks, and secondly when i scroll down the screen is real slow, no nice smooth flicker free scrolling like before i had to format, again a step by step instruction would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi fitzy589,

Welcome to Club Vaio,

Did you run the Vaio Recovery Utility to recover your vaio.. :thinking:

fitzy589
Visitor

hi thanks for the reply
no i didnt run the recovery disk as i didnt get one as it was a private sale, i guess its one of the things i should have checked, but too late i guess.

so i have the drivers from the vaio website, just dont know how to install them.

look forward to hearing from you soon

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

1. unzip every driver.
2. Most drivers come with "setup.exe". Just doubleclickt it and the installation begins. You didn't install the graphic card driver yet. That's why you have black borders.

3. Sometimes there is no setup.exe and you find just some ".dll" ".sys" ".inf" , and so on.

Well, that's no problem. Start the Device Manager.

(rightclick on My Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager)

Rightclick on the unknown Hardware (marked with a yellow ?), click update Driver, set the source destination directory to the unziped driver. Just try it.

Don't forget to install the Utilites. (utility package)

fitzy589
Visitor

i really appreciate your help in this matter, i will let you know the outcome