Join now - be part of our community!

My Laptop is VPCF11Z1E/BI and I want to install the last nvidia drivers.Can I??

profile.country.el_GR.title
johnibok
Visitor

My Laptop is VPCF11Z1E/BI and I want to install the last nvidia drivers.Can I??

My Laptop is VPCF11Z1E/BI and I want to install the last nvidia drivers.Can I??Please could someone answer?

I forgot to inform that I run windows 7x64 Home Premium and my Graphic card is GeForce GT 330 M

Regards

Message was edited by: johnibok

Message was edited by: johnibok

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi johnibok

Is this thread of any help?

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/744799#744799

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
johnibok
Visitor

Hello again rich912.

From the link that you sent me and after reading the problems that another guy named "frankcarrington" has with a newer machine and regarding the new Nvidia drivers I undrestood the following especially after yr answer to him ,because you wrote :" Needless to say that installing any driver other than those tested and released by Sony is entirely at your own risk ."

Anyway I have a last question for you.If Sony will give to the owners a newer driver shall this will be download for us using the VAIO UPDATE or not??

Thanking you in advance.

johnibok

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi johnibok,

The reason I included that caveat (“Needless to say that installing any driver other than those tested and released by Sony is entirely at your own risk”) is that drivers not released by Sony are untested and therefore not guaranteed to work. That said, I have, in the past, used drivers direct from NVIDIA with a modified INF without problem.

New driver releases are normally included and processed by Vaio Update but it is always worth checking the Support site for new drivers. Updated graphics drivers are rarely released by Sony unless there is a functionally problem other than a gaming requirement.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
johnibok
Visitor

Hi rich912

Thanks for yr reply.I will wait to find a new Nvidia driver checking  the Support site .I donnot want to modify the inf of that driver.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Best regards

johnibok