changing resolution in windows
LCD screen expansion in bios, yes and no both dont work

note: the 2 splits of the screen on the right side are a little fuzzy

plz help
thanks

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You could try a different inverter and LCD cable, hopefully nexttronics.com have them for sale.

RickyG512
Visitor

right how do i that ?

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Hi

To install a new inverter module and LCD cable as my mate suggested means disassembly of the screen - its not a nice job to do either. I own the older model of your laptop - the PCG-K115B but it has the same GPU (ATi Radeon IGP345M - oh BTW its actually an IGP 340M chip the 345 never existed its just Sony PR talk :P)

To get at the inverter and LCD cable you need to snap away the black bezel around the edge of your display but be really careful as the tabs are fragile and very easy to break.

You will need a disassembly guide - damn where is Rich912 when you need him with t'service manuals lol... ?

The LCD cable you could try replacing and it may prevent your screen from being so damn schizophrenic lol. I am inclined to think initially that if the problem does not exist with an external monitor on VGA out, the problem may be the LCD cable which connects the LCD to the GPU output.

yes guys the ATi Radeon IGP 340M chip is an internal chip soldered onto the motherboard - which requires a new motherboard replacement.

If you have the cash to hand go ahead with a Sony repair, thats [the repair] guaranteed for a period of one year from the date of repair.

Otherwise if you wish to tinker inside your machine and replace the cable so see if that cures the problem or outsource your own motherboard etc I'm sure I can help you disassemble the unit piecemeal and help you fix it.

In the meantime I'll try to locate my VAIO PCG-K Service manual I misplaced lol.

Good luck, I hope Sony fix this for you!

nikel303
New

Had the same Problem.
In the end, it turned out that, disconnect the cable from the matrix screen.
Verify, you may have the same thing.

James182
New

I had the same problem with a computer linked to the tv and tried different graphics drivers and computer fixes. Turned out to be a very easy television menu option to auto adjust a pc image. I hope this helps anyone searching for a fix to this issue.