Join now - be part of our community!

No image on my monitor PLEASE HELP!

paulhadcock
Visitor

No image on my monitor PLEASE HELP!

Hi there

I have a RA304 but i am having problems with the image on my pc monitor for the last month or so, the image comes through ok by the s video connection to my tv but i get a blank screen on my connected monitor(connected by the usual lead), I have checked the settings on the nvidia geforce 6600 thingy, and have the monitor as primary and the tv as additional with the imaged cloned, as it has been since i got the pc, but need assistance to point out why the monitor is blank, i have took to disconnecting the monitor from the mains and switching back on, eventually i get the image but it takes ages, i have tried a different monitor and it is the same, so i take it that there is a problem with the pc somewhere.
any help would be great.

thanks

Paul :slight_frown:

3 REPLIES 3
paulhadcock
Visitor

Hi there 

I have a RA304 but i am having problems with the image on my pc monitor for the last month or so, the image comes through ok by the s video connection to my tv but i get a blank screen on my connected monitor(connected by the usual lead), I have checked the settings on the nvidia geforce 6600 thingy, and have the monitor as primary and the tv as additional with the imaged cloned, as it has been since i got the pc, but need assistance to point out why the monitor is blank, i have took to disconnecting the monitor from the mains and switching back on, eventually i get the image but it takes ages, i have tried a different monitor and it is the same, so i take it that there is a problem with the pc somewhere.
any help would be great.

thanks

:devil:
Hi there 

Just to add, I have noticed whilst trying to get the screen to work, when pull out the mains plug in the back of the monitor and re-inseting it many times when it first goes in you can see the desktop image for a split second but it then flares out from the middle of the screen to a blank white screen, any ideas to what the F is happening would be appreciated.
thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried a different monitor and cable?

The symptoms seem to be a problem with your monitor but if it happens with another monitor then check the pins in the VGA socket are not bent over and use a replacement cable.

If this fails you may have to replace the nVidia graphics card.

:thinking:

paulhadcock
Visitor

Have you tried a different monitor and cable?

The symptoms seem to be a problem with your monitor but if it happens with another monitor then check the pins in the VGA socket are not bent over and use a replacement cable.

If this fails you may have to replace the nVidia graphics card.

:thinking:

Hi there

Thanks for the reply, I have tried a different monitor and cable and i get the same response, pins are fine, replace the nVidia graphics card, is that an expensive replacement?

kind regards

Paul