Join now - be part of our community!

No sound on XL-301

Tiglet
Visitor

No sound on XL-301

Am I being thick here? There doesn't seem to be a search option within the forums. I have always accessed posts via google up to now howevewr this time I haven't found the answer...........

Anyway, Windows update recently screwed my Windows installer and IE. After much swearing and faffing I did a complete 'return to factory settings' restore on my XL-301. Windows (bless it) immediately did 77 critical updates and I now have no sound on TV or from windows. All of the test options within Control Panel/volume etc don't make a sound either. I have downloaded and installed the new driver for the sound (Sigma Tel) as per Sony support and that didn't help.

It's not on mute either 😉

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Tiglet
Visitor

Just a further thing to add - I am using composite cables and before I did the restore it was all working sound wise and I haven't changed any of the cables etc.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What version of the Sigmatel driver do you have installed?

Did you install the Microsoft Hotfix Package KB937287 from Vaio-Link before installing SP1?

Have you installed SP1 and installed driver: -

Audio Driver (SigmaTel) SP1_Filter DT1.0A - 6.10.5379

Does the driver show as installed correctly in Device Manager under Sound Video and Game Controllers? If so try uninstalling and rebooting.

:thinking:

ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

I'd also like to know where the Search facility went on this forum, tried to find it yesterday. THanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'd also like to know where the Search facility went on this forum, tried to find it yesterday.  THanks

Hi,

the search function was removed by Sony a while ago as it was broken, use the following link to view Blencogo's alternative suggestion in a similar thread: Is there a search facility on the forum ?