Join now - be part of our community!

pocket to pc connection?

tat2crash
Visitor

pocket to pc connection?

:thinking: hello vaio family ! need some suggestions !
i've just installed the sonic stagesoftware disc to another pc with no problems but! when i connected my v pocket through the cradle "device/media not connected" shows ! I've checked all the usb connections every thing looks o.k . so if any body could give me any suggestions that'd b kool.
pretty new to computers ,mp3 players n' such like so need a little help! cheers guys
peace out :smileygrin:

3 REPLIES 3
richardgregory
Visitor

I had the same thing when I first installed my player. Firstly, have you updated the firmware? If you have then you must have at least version 2.3 of sonicstage installed (I would personally recommend v3.1). Assuming this is okay, what I had to do was initialise the player through sonicstage, I think it's in the options menu. I had to do this 2 or 3 times before it recognised the player but it's worked great ever since. Hope this helps!

richardgregory
Visitor

ok, I've just noticed that you said you've installed the software to ANOTHER pc, so does this mean it's been working fine on one pc but now won't work with a second one? If that is the case, then I know in the uk you can only setup your pocket with one machine only, to use it with another pc you must do a hard reset (losing all your files) and then re-initialise the player.

nickkr
Visitor

........ to use it with another pc you must do a hard reset (losing all your files) and then re-initialise the player.

Really ???

I've just bought a new PC. Installed Sonic Stage, updated to correct patch level to match VP firmware version 3.

Pugged VP in and carried on as if nothing had changed.
No problems transferring files from PC to VP.
No reset
No re-registration
No re-initialisation

No problem

Just plug and go!

I've now got USB 2.0 so file transfer is really fast.

Only comment I would make is to plug in and switch the VP on BEFORE you launch Sonic Stage.
Let the USB "connected" icon appear in the system tray and then launch Sonic Stage.
My experience is that problems of " device not connected " can occur if you try to do it the other way around.