Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with AW 11 M/H

stavrosserres
Visitor

Problem with AW 11 M/H

I have recently bought the AW 11 M/H and the first thing that I have noticed was a clicking noice when the HD is working. Not all the time but it is annoing and who knows what else could that mean. Has anyone with the same model noticed anything similar?
Please respond even if you have the same model but it works fine. I am attaching the noice in pure quality since it is recorded from a mobile. Thank you in advance

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

I don't have that model but that does sound very noisy.

I hope another owner posts here so we can compare.

stavrosserres
Visitor

Yes it is isn't it. I sure hope that I am not the only one that bought that model

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi stavrosserres,

if you are concerned I suggest you either return your Vaio to the retailer or contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

stavrosserres
Visitor

Hi Thalamus
Thank you for your suggestions Thalamus but I have already replace it with another one which is doing the same noice. (I don'tt know if it is my "goodd" luck). Also I have contact Sony Vaio support in order to send it and be checked by them. But I think that if someone else has the same model with or without the problem that I have I could compare "notes". So I am still waiting to see how good was my choice of that model.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

But I think that if someone else has the same model with or without the problem that I have I could compare "notes". So I am still waiting to see how good was my choice of that model.

Oh OK good idea, I hope another AW11H owner replies soon.. :four_leaf_clover:

An AW11Z owner has posted in HERE , maybe he has the similar clicking sound.. :thinking:

Hello Satserros

I have the VGN-AW series also. I also have the same soun when loading of my hard disk when booting /Windows. I also get the same sound when playing DVD movies. I sent my laptop to Sony, they checked and repaired but no change. Same noises. I'm not sure
if it is the DVD drive or the hard disk but it coms from the right where the DVD drive is

to reply to me email hardeep.bhachu@o2.co.uk

stavrosserres
Visitor

Yes you are right. It comes from the right. But it doesn't matter if you play or not dvds. The problem is with the HD.
What did they say from sony? Did they hear the noise? And the said that they repaired it? What did they repair?
My laptop is right now in sony and I am waiting for they replay. When did you send yours? Do you have a case number so that i can tell them that anotherone had the same broblem?
Thank you in advance

profile.country.NL.title
hsondak
New

Hi there, I have also the AW-11M and have the same issues that you have. I thought it was normal with the Vaio's because my mother has the AR-21S with the same noise. But if Sony can not solve the problem, what can we do? I have installed all my applications allready on the notebook, and if I send it back it will take weeks before I get the notebook back with the noise I had before. I don't know what to do... :slight_frown:

profile.country.NL.title
hsondak
New

I am also thinking about to replace the HD myselfe for a 500Gb HD from Western Digital. That's a really quiet HD. Does anybody knows if there is maybe space for 2 HD's? I don't know if you can open this notebook easy. My Acer and HP that I had before was very easy to open. I've allready made an image of the recovery partition and hope that it also will work on my new HD. Does anybody have tried this before with this computer?