Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with AW 11 M/H

stavrosserres
Visitor

Problem with AW 11 M/H

I have recently bought the AW 11 M/H and the first thing that I have noticed was a clicking noice when the HD is working. Not all the time but it is annoing and who knows what else could that mean. Has anyone with the same model noticed anything similar?
Please respond even if you have the same model but it works fine. I am attaching the noice in pure quality since it is recorded from a mobile. Thank you in advance

10 REPLIES 10
stavrosserres
Visitor

Hi there, I have also the AW-11M and have the same issues that you have. I thought it was normal with the Vaio's because my mother has the AR-21S with the same noise. But if Sony can not solve the problem, what can we do? I have installed all my applications allready on the notebook, and if I send it back it will take weeks before I get the notebook back with the noise I had before. I don't know what to do... :slight_frown:

Well I just got back the laptop from Sony and what a suprise there was nothing wrong with it. They say that the sound that I hear is within the specs of that model. Yes but it wasn't mentioned when I bought it and I couldn't test it so that I could decide if I wanted to buy it or not. So my advise is don't even bother sending it back. But if decide to change the HD and you find that the sound is gone could you please send me an email to: soikonom@auth.gr

Thanks

PS It doesn't take weeks, if you decide to send it they will probably give you an answer within a week. You might want to send it or even mention the problrm because then we will be three of us with the same problem and who knows they might consider to do something.