Join now - be part of our community!

Registering Sony Vaio E VPCEB4C5E

profile.country.en_GB.title
xSaxby
New

Registering Sony Vaio E VPCEB4C5E

I can't seem to be able to register my laptop, when it asks for the Model it doesn't have the option for "VPCEB4C5E" Any Ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Pow-Pow93
Visitor

same problem, as this was posted a while back wondering if you found an answer? would be much appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try Registering on the Vaio Support website.  Try these two methods: - perhaps the second one first?

1.  Click on the Start button -> All Programs and look for the link to 'Register My Vaio' and follow the on-screen instructions.

2.  If this is not possible, go to the Vaio After Sales Support website here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB

Enter your Serial Number under Login Option 1 and click on login.

Click on 'Register'

It may or may not ask for your home country.

Enter your full name and Serial Number again.

Fill in your personal dertails etc.

This should work as your model is recognised on the Vaio Support Database - have a look here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VPCEB4C5E&l=en_GB

Any problems, please come back and we will try something else.

Good Luck

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Has anyone actually spoken to Vaio Support?  It is possible they do not know.

I will send them a message but as they only work office hours Mon - Fri we won't hear anything until next week.

I'm sure your warranty will be fully covered while this is sorted out.

By the way, what model comes up when you enter the serial number?

:thinking:

Pow-Pow93
Visitor

hey thanks for the help, but still no luck

arghhh so frustrating, i followed both of your options, after completing option 1 i was sent to the my club vaio page where i logged in, upon looking under my products there was nothing listed.

i therefore tried option 2 with the stupidty of the serial number giving me the wrong product, i know the serial number is 100 percent correct as i tried it 3 times.

really dissapointed with the lack of support from sony, many people seem to be having this problem with this laptop

Pow-Pow93
Visitor

Thanks alot, no i have not spoke to vaio support yet as i felt an answer could be found here, after entering the serial number about 5 times, exactlly the same, my product did come up, i then selected register and entered the relevant details, i was then forwarded to club vaio,

however when checking under my sony it says no products are registered, i am therefore very confused as too if my product is or isnt registered, this has become very frustrating, maybe i am just making an error? but should the product not be shown under registered products in my sony?

thanks you have been very very helpful

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think the Vaio Support Database is different from the My Sony Database.

Let's see what Vaio Support come up with.  It sounds like their database is not up to date!

:thinking:

Pow-Pow93
Visitor

hmmmm very confusing, well the only thing i can think of is because the laptop is customised the model number may vary and is not on there.

Is there any possible way to check if its registered? because i believe it is, its just i thought after registering it should be under the my sony registered products

this will be my last post for today, thanks for the help and keep me updated if you find any information, i will definantly contact sony over the next few days

xSaxby
New

Finally got the answer, turns out when you buy your customised laptop from the website, Sony automatically registers it for you. The email you got when the order was processed should tell you this. :smileyhappy:!