Join now - be part of our community!

reinstall windows

andreix
Visitor

reinstall windows

Hi,

we delivered a sony AR 21 S Notebook to one of our customers. Now he formated everything from the harddisk in oder to install his version of Windows XP.
He created the Floppydisks with RAID + SATA Driver but the install process gets stuck after Win XP formats the drive using NTFS with the request: "Please insert the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver"

Any ideea how to get over this or do you know a link to a howto perform a clean install on this sony vaio?

Thank you!
Andrei

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Andrei,

In addition to the SATA and RAID drivers (iaahci.cat + .inf +.PNF and iastor.cat + .inf + .PNF + .sys) you also need the Intel Matrix Storage Manager (iata_cd.exe) which is about 17,870KB.

Is this not available in the Preinstalled Driver Download from VAIO-LINK ?

:thinking:

andreix
Visitor

Ok, this will not fit on a Floppy, is it suposed to be added with F6 or should we put it on a CD in the root of the CD and install taht CD when the install requires it ?

Thanks for your support!

andreix
Visitor

iata_cd.exe is not in the preinstalled drivers. Maybe in the preinstalled utilities. I download that now, and post iti here if its there.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Andrei,

You can download most versions of Intel Matrix Storage Manager from INTEL DOWNLOADS . On the same site (Under Utilities) you will find a download for the Floppy Configuration Utility that makes a floppy with Matrix Storage files to be used to pre-load the RAID drivers with F6.

Many people these days use Nlite to create a bootable CD which contains your XP installation files plus all your Sony Preinstalled Drivers and Preinstalled Utilities plus SATA/RAID drivers on one disc for unattended installation. This gets rid of the messy installation from a floppy and (best of all) it's free!!.

:wink:

andreix
Visitor

Yup, this worked perfect!!

Thank you verfy much!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Andrei,

That's good news - glad you were able to sort it out !!

:smileygrin:

Leviathan2040
Visitor

Yup, this worked perfect!!

Thank you verfy much!!!!

Hi all, I have extacly the same problem but from the posting above I don't understand how the solution has been achieved: modified the ISO image of the OS installation CD (in this case Windows XP MCE in English) by adding certain files, how and where? Using NLite?

Pleaes help me, I'm pretty desperate!!!

BR,
Emanuele