Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio SVE1713Z1EB replacement battery BSP26 or BSP26A?

SOLVED
jamesdeadman
Explorer

Sony Vaio SVE1713Z1EB replacement battery BSP26 or BSP26A?

We have a Sony Vaio SVE1713Z1EB and need a replacement battery. The original battery is a VGP-BSP26A, but it seems online and local shops are offering the VGP-BPS26 (rather than BPS26A). 

Are they both compatible with our laptop please, and whats the difference?

I notice there is a slight difference in voltage and capacity. My local shop has ordered the VGP-BPSS6 for me but i'm concerned as its different from the original one.

Help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesdeadman
Explorer

Hi Manolo, and all,

Just to finish off this thread, i had a response from Sony support on this.

They confirm that there are only two compatible batteries for our Sony Vaio:

VGP-BPS26A

VGP-BPL26

And so the VGP-BPS26 is not seen as compatible or recommended by Sony support.

Regards
James

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,
very old question, during the configuration of the purchased online models there was the option to order the extended battery VGN-BPL26 (11.1 V), the supplied battery was the VGN-BPS26 (10.8 V).
This makes the VGN-BPS26A compatible. The three batteries are also present at the support page to the EET EUROPARTS spare parts for SVE1713Z1EB.

Manolo

jamesdeadman
Explorer

Hi Manolo,

Thanks for your reply.

When we purchsed the Sony Vaio it came with the VGP-BPS26A, but when searching for a new one it seems everywhere is selling really only the VGP-BSP26. I am worried as the voltage is different (11.1V instead of 10.8V).

Also, the website above does not say that the VGP-BPS26 is compatible with the Vaio SV1713Z1EB. Only the VGP-BPS26A is shown as compatible with this Vaio.

Thanks
James

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In the past, for the E series, the supplied battery was also the BPS26.

However, if the spare parts support's site "EET EUROPART" considers all three batteries (BPS26/26A, BPL26) compatible with your model you will have no problems.

Manolo

jamesdeadman
Explorer

Thank you Manolo.

However the EET EUROPART does not list my Vaio in the list of compatible models for the BPS26, only the BPS26A. 😞  So i do not know if its okay to use either battery.

James

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
jamesdeadman
Explorer

Hi Manolo,

My apologies but even though our Vaio product number is SVE1317Z1EB, the model number is SVE171E13M. It seems the BPS26 battery is not listed for this model..?

http://uk.eetgroup.com/Guide/m/Sony-VAIO-SVE-models-SVE171E13M?c=800100-870010

In this case, i think i might be unlucky :o|

Thanks
James

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Sony Battery VGP-BPS26(E)(Q)(S) is declared compatible and it is present in the list (see first link), not the Sony Battery VGP-BPS26(E)(W)(S), but maybe this is a mistake (?). The list of compatibility models is very long for (E)(W)(S) and we should know the differences (if there are) between the two versions to understand why "only" your VAIO isn't listed (just an error?). Find info on (E)(Q)(S) and (E)(W)(S) is not easy...

For both batteries the alternative is still the same:

MicroBattery 6 Cell Li-Ion 11.1V 4.4Ah 49wh MBI2276

Compatibility for you VAIO:

http://it.eetgroup.com/i/A1934268A-Sony-Battery-VGP-BPS26EQS

Compatibility for Battery VGP-BPS26(E)(Q)(S):

http://it.eetgroup.com/Guide/SearchItem?query=A1934268A +399 more...

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ok, I don't know why the BPS26 in not in the list of compatible accessory of your SVE171E13M (even an error?) but the replacement alternative is the same for BPS26 and BPS26A, MicroBattery 6 Cell Li-Ion 11.1V 4.4Ah 49wh.

http://uk.eetgroup.com/i/MBI2276-MicroBattery-6-Cell-Li-Ion-11.1V-4.4Ah-49wh

Manolo

jamesdeadman
Explorer

Hi Manolo,

Thanks for your help and time. 

Yes it is strange, many compatible battery types list them as the same. I worry if BSP26 is not listed under my model number, it may be safer to just stay with BPS26A instead i think.

Thanks again,
James