Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio SZ3HP: maximal external screen resolution

fjcmurphy
Visitor

Sony Vaio SZ3HP: maximal external screen resolution

Hello!

I have the Sony Vaio SZ3HP notebook. I was wondering what the maximum resolution is for an external screen connected to the notebook via VGA or DVI?

Thanks,
frank

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

That depends on the driver and the cable length.

I'm using my PCG-FR315S with 21" widescreen at 1680x1050 pixels as extended desktop, if need more space and if I don't need my Desktop PC. But I have to use third party drivers to get it work.

Nvidia solutions are maybe more troublefree then Ati solutions. Well, all you can do is to give a try in your next shop.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

nVidia say the nVidia GeForce Go 7400 is capable of display resolutions up to and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz.

But as Seb mentioned, this may not be available in the Sony OEM driver and you may need to use third party drivers. These may be supplied with the display.

:thinking:

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

These may be supplied with the display.

That would be really cool, but I don't think so. It didn't work out of the box with my Syncmaster 940BW neither my 215TW. :slight_frown:

With third party I'm talking about www.omegadrivers.net (mainly for ATi, 3.8.252 works fine with my VAIO)or www.guru3d.com. Well, you have to test them by yourself.