Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VGN-AR21S 4 GB memory update problem and MOTION EYE

Peger
Visitor

SONY VAIO VGN-AR21S 4 GB memory update problem and MOTION EYE

Hello Everybody,
Can I ask you for help.I trying update my RAM memory up to 4 GB.I ordered 2 x 2 GB from www.Memory-UP.com and they told me - will be no problem.

But when I tried put 3GB or 4GB - you can see Windows logo on start / boot up / but after few seconds - screen stays black but system working - you can hear sound /skype and others applications /

Where Can be problem?? I have SONY VAIO VGN-AR21S .

Thank you so much for you help.

P.S - My Motion Eye not working too - for example in Skype setting /video/ is just TV card option - no Motion Eye.

Thank you Petr

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Petr,

One of these two obviously applies: -

1. The memory modules are not compatible or faulty - what are the exact specifications of the new memory you have bought?
2. Your AR21S will not work if you exceed the maximum supported of 2GB (Max 1GB per slot).

Is your Camera showing as installed correctly in Device Manager -> Imaging Devices -> Sony VCC2?

:thinking:

Peger
Visitor

Hi Petr,

One of these two obviously applies: -

1. The memory modules are not compatible or faulty - what are the exact specifications of the new memory you have bought?
2. Your AR21S will not work if you exceed the maximum supported of 2GB (Max 1GB per slot).

Is your Camera showing as installed correctly in Device Manager -> Imaging Devices -> Sony VCC2?

:thinking:

Hello and thank you for your help. Memory modules are working but just each /2Gb/ not together.

But with Motion Eye I have a problem.. Is not in Device Manager installed.When I trying to install - I have a driver with .inf but when I trying to reinstall driver on screen is - there is no information about your hardware. Where Can be problem??
What I must to do? System reinstall?? Thank you