Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VGN-NS130E/S Motion Eye webcam NOT WORKING

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mistercronin
Visitor

Sony VAIO VGN-NS130E/S Motion Eye webcam NOT WORKING

I've had the computer for roughly two years and it worked ONCE for perhaps 3 minutes before it disabled itself.

I've tried installing the Sony Communication Camera but that failed, I tried installing the Ricoh Media Driver and that also failed. My computer says that its an unknown device and it doesn't work so I'm assuming that its BECAUSE its considered an unknown device.

How can I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mistercronin

Is there an error code for the unknown device?

This is a USA/Canadian model I believe, so from what source you are downloading the drivers?

As far as I am aware this model uses native Windows drivers for the camera not the Sony Visual Communications driver utilised for older models so, if correct, there should be no need to install a separate driver. The USA site doesn’t list Sony Visual Communications driver as available for this model.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNNS130E&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#...

Try removing the ‘Unknown Device’ in Device Manager. Then shut down, remove the power adaptor and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Reattach power adaptor and battery and reboot. Hopefully the device will then be recognised correctly and the native drivers installed.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat