Join now - be part of our community!

UNABLE TO PLAY BLU-RAY DISKS

JJRDias
Visitor

UNABLE TO PLAY BLU-RAY DISKS

Hi,

I have a Vaio FZ31M with built-in blu-ray drive (Optiarc BC-5500a) and it used to be able to play blu-ray disks. Now, the disks don't even start, and when i load one, the computer doesn't even recognise there's a blu-ray disk in the drive. I have no idea why this is happening. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi JJRDias and welcome.

What version of WinDVD BD do you have installed? Have you updated to WinDVD BD 8.0 - 8.0.9.670_2 here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FZ&m=3057

There is also a DVD Drive firmware Update on the same page.

It may be that 'Autorun' has been turned off. Try going to the drive in 'Computer' and right-clicking on it and going to the 'AutoRun' Tab. Is WinDVD selected to be used each time you insert a BD Disc?

Have you tried opening WinDVD BD first and then inserting the disc?

:thinking:

JJRDias
Visitor

Thank you for your quick reply, and for your welcome.
I have updated the driver and firmware, but it still doesn't work. I have a feeling it might be related to a "clean-up" i did a while ago, when i may have deleted the InterVideo folder from the AppData folder - maybe there was some data there that kickstarted the BD drive.
Now, it doesn't even start playing, the computer doesn't even recognise the presence of a disk in the drive - plays DVD's and CD's, though.

I guess i'll have to take it to the "shop", hopefully someone will be able to fix it, there.
Thanks again for the help
and best wishes
J