Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio K415S Realtek AC97 Audio Problems!!!

Simonof17
Visitor

Vaio K415S Realtek AC97 Audio Problems!!!

I have recently encountered a sound error on my Sony Vaio K415S laptop. I switched it on like any normal day and it would not play any music. I went into Device Manager to check if it was a sound card issue (I have a Realtek AC97 card with original drivers). There was a little yellow circle with an exclamation mark next to it where the Realtek AC97 Audio component was. All the other components also had this little yellow circle. The driver details also said:

'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)'

So I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling but this did not solve the problem. After a restart the yellow circles were still present and the same error message appeared. I tried downloading new drivers from the Realtek website but this did not work. I tried downloading the original driver package from the Sony website but this did not work. The error does not go away and I am still without sound.

I have tried 2 system restores but this has not solved the problem. The system can find the hardware so I do not think the problem is a physical one, I think it is the drivers. I did a virus scan to check for infections and this turned up no results. I have submitted a case to Vaio e-Support but they have yet to answer (my laptop is out of warranty) so I have now run out of ideas. I am desperate to get my sound back because I need it for working and to listen to music (otherwise I may go insane!). So if anyone has had similar problems or knows how this may be solved PLEASE respond! I could try a system recovery but I do not really want to lose all my installed programs and data!
PLEASE HELP!!

Thankyou

5 REPLIES 5
Resonate
Visitor

Hi Simonof17

You maybe wise to have a check on this THREAD & see if it solves your problem :wink:

**EDIT**

Oh & WELCOME to Club - VAIO

Simonof17
Visitor

I have looked through that post before and I tried uninstalling the Primary IDE driver. It definitely sped up my laptop but did not solve the sound issue. I think my problem is different in that I am getting absolutely no sound at all.

Resonate
Visitor

Try here

Simonof17
Visitor

It's ok. I have solved the problem! I ran out of options and was forced to perform a system recovery which has solved the problem. I have sound again! Don't know what caused it but it is fixed and I am happy again :slight_smile: Thanks for your help Resonate.

Resonate
Visitor

It's ok. I have solved the problem! I ran out of options and was forced to perform a system recovery which has solved the problem. I have sound again! Don't know what caused it but it is fixed and I am happy again  :slight_smile:  Thanks for your help Resonate.

Well done Simon, Guess that saying really is true..........

If in dought FORMAT, FORMAT, FORMAT LOL :laughing:

Would love to know what it was tho. anyway well done :wink: