Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Victor and welcome.

Have you managed to Register your Vaio?

I can't think of any quick fixes and it would be best to contact Sony Vaio-Link Official Support and ask them to fix it for you.

:wink:

sonysharon
Visitor

Ive got the same problem with my fe48e - it is coming up with the same message. I have tried registering it - but am not sure if it worked. Can you join the club without registering?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Ive got the same problem with my fe48e - it is coming up with the same message. I have tried registering it - but am not sure if it worked. Can you join the club without registering?

Hi sonysharon,

You should be able to check if your Vaio's registered by clicking here

Hello,

I have already proceeded to record my VAIO FE48E, but I still receive the error message when you run the Update icon VAIO

Can you help me?

thanks ..

profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor

i am getting the same error since i bought my ar 51su about 2 months ago!

keune
Visitor

I,ve bought myself a notebook yesterday, and i'm encountering the same problem.. is there already a known solution for this? It's a little annoying.

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

I have escalated this to Sony, hopefully we should have a solution soon..

bed
Visitor

I have also the same problem with my F21Z.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bed,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Sony are still investigating the problem as soon as we hear anything we'll let you know..