Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
Rohnerpe
Visitor

I'm the next one :anguished:

1) VGN-FZ21M
2) yes, vista
3) English

btw happy new year to everybody

Julien74
Visitor

My turn!

1. VGN-FZ21Z (bought in Switzerland)
2. Original OEM OS (Vista Home Premium)
3. Multiple languages available (English, French, Italian, German). Selected: English

Happy New Year 2008 TO ALL!

Interdit
Visitor

1. VGN-SZ61VN (bought in Germany)
2. Original OS
3. Language available German

Not working.

So I tried:

1. VGN-SZ61VN (bought in Germany)
2. Vista Ultimate 64bits
3. French

Sony Vaio Update is not even launching.

Happy New Year 2008 too !

JIewa
Visitor

I've got this problem once after system recovery and registering Firefox as my default browser. Then I closed Firefox, launched Internet Explorer and immediately connected to Vaio update by clicking on the icon.

andre89
Visitor

1)VGN-FZ21E
2)Yes
3)English

Marco_CH
Visitor

I have the same Problem

1) Sony VGN-FZ21Z
2) preinstalled Home Premium and then I upgraded to Ultimate
3) selected German language

Is there a solution to this anytime soon?

profile.country.fr_CH.title
ciaang
Visitor

Hello everybody and happy new year !

Same here.

1) VGN-FZ21Z
2) Original OEM OS (Vista Home Premium)
3) Multiples languages, French installed

It sounds strange that this problem is soo difficult to solve to Sony ...

Krevety
Visitor

FZ21Z
Vista Premium
Czech language :wink:

looks like its a recent problem, i had my Vaio on repair because of HD, now new installation = error
before that all was ok :thinking:

Interdit
Visitor

I never saw a so poor support since I have sony latptops (since 2003).

They really don't care.

william17
Visitor

Unbelievable. I fear that what you're saying is definetely true. I feel the same. But Sony is just a sample of this figure. In the today's fashion, companies are there for only one reason: get your money. :smileymoney_eyes: And lying about everything to be sure the plan works fine. :clap: Their products are only beautiful on ads. :innocent: It was designed to break, not to last, just to make sure that you do nothing but pay, and always pay for ****. :laughing: :tongue: Vicious circle. Revolting. So expensive for such ****. Unbelievable. :beat_up:

But hey, the only luck in the bad luck is that at least we don't have a Dell :dizzy: or some of the worst garbages in our hands though! :wink: And the people here in this forum are pretty qualified to answer the questions quick, and free. These are the right people.