Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
AlexFoucart
Visitor

Hello all,

Same problem with FZ21M. :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor

Hi all and Happy Christmas!
Just wanna share my yesterdays experience with vaio update and message 008 - As I destroyed my o.s. i performed C: drive recovery. Somebody who did system recovery knows, that at the very last stage of recovery your new system works although you get small window of sysprep process, it is doing something about 10-15 min before the last restart (after this last restart vista computes computer performance, you need to choose keyboard layout, create an user account and so on so). So, before last restart while sysprep works you have a normal desktop, menu start, system works normally - but if you check the active user - its Administrator - which is, after you create an user account always disabled and hidden. I ran vaio update - it worked! I downloaded and installed available updates ok!! In the meantime sysprep finished its work and prompted for restart so i did it and finished instalation of vista, created user... After this vaio update doesnt work I get 008 error message... Its pity that even vaio support soesnt now whats going on - after contacting them they said my laptop model is new and i just need to wait another week....
It seems on some laptops vaio update has some issues with system privileges or something...

profile.country.en_GB.title
coldavie11
New

I had this same problem when I bought my Sony VGN FZ11Z 28 Nov 2007. I recoved my computer 3 times to try to sort out this problem before contacting Sony Technical support for help.

10 days later Sony Technical support rang me to say sorry we do not have an answer to this issuse, but send us your computer, we will take a look ...( No chance was my reply) ...

Anyway, I set about recovering trying differant methods ! I found McAfee internet suit was the cause of my problem. When I used the Norton trial as a secuirty option the problem resolved its self.

Dispite the fact I do not like Norton, I have been forced into useing it. !!!

Dose anyone know why Mcafee dose not work on my VGN FZ11Z ???

Regards Colin ...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for your information, I'll pass it onto Sony hopefully it will assist in finding a solution..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

Sony have asked if users, receiving Vaio Update MessageID=0008 error, could answer the following questions please..

1) full model description (e.g. VGN-FZ11Z CEK)
2) are they using the original preinstalled OS?
3) if there are multiple languages available at first boot, which one was chosen (e.g. French/English on Belgian units)?

Thanks

profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor

1) VGN-AR51SU
2) yes
3) english

karli
Visitor

VGN FJ1S
Yes
English

buco55
Visitor

1. VGN-FZ21E (bought in Nederlands)
2. Yes, Vista home premium BUT recovered using the HD image
3. On first boot there were English and Dutch but after recovery it was all set to English (currently using English)

keune
Visitor

1. VGN-FZ21M
2. Yes
3. I'm using the dutch version

Regards

nippetto
Visitor

1. VGN-A41S
2. Yes
3. I'm using the italian version