Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-CS11z Graphics corruption/screen partial refresh

profile.country.en_GB.title
chquinn32
Visitor

Vaio VGN-CS11z Graphics corruption/screen partial refresh

Hi everyone, I've got an interesting problem. A little background which seems pertient, last year I had my Vaio sent back for repair due to a graphics fan failure.

Earlier this week the bottom 10mm of the display has started to flicker/refresh, and today the entire screen has started doing the same note that this happens within the OS and the BIOS so it has nothing to do with a driver problem with the operating system, now I recall that there was a warranty extension for the VGN-CS series of laptops because of the coolant fan problem that seems to plague these and a couple of other models of laptop.

I've ended up having to contact Sony repair in Belgium because as far as Sony are concerned the laptop itself is outside the warranty period and hence sony UK cannot be contacted, which is fair enough as the phone support might not necessarily know about the extension that they have decided to maintain.

I would rather speak to someone 'live' and a little more local than Belgium as I have been told that I will have to pay for shipment to them in Belgium and then they will asses whether they think anything needs to be done to the machine, which to me seems to contradict the extended warranty.

Is there some way for me to be able to contact Sony direct from within the UK because the automated system is awful to say the least.

Cheers,

Chris.

0 REPLIES 0