Join now - be part of our community!

[VGN-SZ5] VERY VERY Slow computer under VISTA

mikur
Visitor

[VGN-SZ5] VERY VERY Slow computer under VISTA

I bought some weeks ago a notebook Vaio VGN-SZ5 sold under Vista Pro for about 2600 euros ! I am about to break my nerves because of the very poor performance of this machine.

Some examples (often relative to Internet exploror 7 that J uses much).

In the address URL field : I can type 6 Or 7 character on my keyboard before the 1st character is displayed in the field !!

When I close a window in the task bar, and want to reopen it by clicking on it I have to wait for about 3 second before it is opened again. Of course sometimes I believe I wrong clicked so I click again... and of course it minimizes the window as soon as it is opened, as I have clicked 2 times.

Please help me ?! Am I alone ? what are the solutions ??

2 REPLIES 2
Dekesh
Visitor

regarding the address bar problem, i suspect you have filter keys turned on. does this also happen anytime you type for example in word or any other program? if so go to control panel and then ease of use (i think thats what its called in vista) and look for filterkeys option and uncheck it. this may solve your problem. but if this only happens with the address bar then it may be something else causing this.

mikur
Visitor

No it is not linked to this.

Did Somebody already done the downgrade from VIsto to XP on a SZ5 ? does it work fine ?