Join now - be part of our community!

video/tv problems

brendino
Visitor

video/tv problems

hi clever people out there!

I've had my computer for about 18 months now but recently ive noticed the computer is struggling with video particularly when i want to watch tv. (the tv card being in its docking station)
The audio seems to work fine but the video lags far behind and sometimes stops altogether.

i thought perhaps it may be a codec problem. I check the codecs' with a program called Sherlock Codec Detective and it does say that the Sony DV software Codec (sonydv.dll) is missing or damaged. Could this be the problem?

My machine is a Vaio VGN-A417S
intel pentium M processor 1.99 GHz
1.00 GB of Ram

regard

bren

11 REPLIES 11
LEVELman
Visitor

Yes, it was first what I have tryed when I read this. No result, there was still the same message. However I have made full system recovery today, DVD playback is fine (just like first time it helped this time aswell). But until I install some program that will affect it and chopping will be back. I have left case open at vaio-link. Will see...

LEVELman
Visitor

Sad to post this:
*** NOTES 24-Jan-2007 Action Type: Info
Thank you for contacting us.

Please be advised that if this has only started happening since you installed the game then you should uninstall the game, and perform a System Restore on your unit. There is possibly a software conflict which is causing your optical drive to perform abnormally.

If this does not solve the issue then you should remove the drive from Device Manager. It will be automatically reinstalled as soon as you restart your VAIO. If you do not know how to access the Device Manager, then please follow the link below:

http://www.vaio-link.com/uk/kb/2000_0/2502.html

If this fails then the best option is to perform a full recovery on your unit. This would determine fully whether or not it is a conflicting software issue. To perform a recovery, just access the VAIO Recovery Tool in your Start Menu. Failing this, just press F10 on startup.

Regards,

Sony Vaio Team

...thats exactly what I dont want to do over and over when this problem comes up :beat_up: