Join now - be part of our community!

Vista upgrade

tuffnut
Visitor

Vista upgrade

Have tried to apply for Vista upgrade but do not appear to have the required Software Redemption Form. Contacted help desk who were next to useless. Anyone any ideas as to how or where I can get the form?
As an aside, the upgrade website sucks. No Visa option for Debit card transaction, Switch Credit card option wanted Start date when card has an issue and no "payable to"or address details for when paying by cheque.

8 REPLIES 8
tuffnut
Visitor

As an update, after several attempts I finally received some good help from the Sony Vaio Link helpdesk in the form of the Vista Upgrade centre telephone number which is 00800 666 44 666. Anyone else having similar problems processing their upgrade request should try calling this number as they appear to be quite helpful but be warned, you may be stuck on the phone waiting for "one of our employees" to become available.

Resonate
Visitor

Currently there are over 500 knockbacks in the terms of Upgrading this is mainly due to support issues surrounding upgrading. Everything needs an incubating period before if can take off i suggest you keep trying you will succed however if the problem does persit i would contact the support team within 4weeks prior to the expiry of your Upgrade if you have one

mediamark
Visitor

Hi there,

I went through the process and got as far as a screen with only 2 buttons saying "Cancel Order" & "Cancel Payment". There was no further progression so I had to close the window.

Having checked the existing orders page, it shows the payment and that the COA is validated but nothing else.

Can anyone confirm if this is now a successful order??

Thanks

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Kinda funny I called the Netherlands phonenumber and I got somebody who spoke English to me. I didn't get the idea he knew shit. I wanted to verify if they received my order and money.

Only thing they could verify was receiving my order. But about receiving my payment they did not verify wich was the most important thing to my since i chose for a bank transfer.

They gave me the idea I knew more about it then them. Hell men I even had the suggest to guy that it would be handy if he would ask my ordernumber. He said oh yeah your right....common what kind of helpdesk is it....sigh.

mediamark
Visitor

It doesn't bode well does it!!?

Is it worth giving them a ring do you think?

Resonate
Visitor

HI Carelino :smileytalk_to_the_hand:

Ring your bank & tell them to put a stop on the transfer they will know if if is arranged to go out but do it as of now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mediamark
Visitor

I've tried this number but just get a constant tone!
Tried 00800 and 0800 - no joy.

Resonate
Visitor

I've tried this number but just get a constant tone!
Tried 00800 and 0800 - no joy.

Alot have this problem i think they released the number +800. But i have tried the number aswell i'm looking for the new number but to no avail so if any one has it post it Pretty Please :smileygrin: