Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-A15 - Battery's storage upkeep

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
rhubie
New

NWZ-A15 - Battery's storage upkeep

As I’m a big fan of my old little buddy NWZ-A15, I couldn’t miss a chance to get an extra back up player when I happened to stumble upon a great deal. I received the product in great shape and the seller had listed the product as new, so it hadn’t been never used or charged, although he had opened the box to be sure that the product was in mint condition. For some reason I pushed the power on - button and to my surprise the unit did open albeit with flashing battery icon.

I’ve had something like four other Sony DAP/MP3 players in the past and IIRC they didn’t have any power on them before the first charge ( but can’t remember for sure). So my question goes: As I’m not yet putting the player into use, should I charge the unit in 6 month periods or so in order to keep the battery from deteriorating? That’s the recommendation if the player has seen some plays and therefore charged before, but I’m little confused as this is a new and intact unit.

Apologies for my possible broken english :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

sometimes that are residual energy for the batery it's normal.

Since you accidentaly click on it, it's better to full charge i if you don't plan to use it for a long period

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

sometimes that are residual energy for the batery it's normal.

Since you accidentaly click on it, it's better to full charge i if you don't plan to use it for a long period

profile.country.FI.title
rhubie
New

Big thanks!