Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman BCR NWW270. Software download- now it will not work !!!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Destinysheba
Explorer

Walkman BCR NWW270. Software download- now it will not work !!!

Hi

I have been really happy with my walkman, after downloading a softwear update for the first time, now it will not switch on. The battery is full and all that happens when i press button to switch it on,  is the green light flashes about four times and nothing happens. I wish i had never done the softwear update <:(

Please can you help me as soon as possible

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Destinysheba
Explorer

I found a solution to this problem that worked for me and my unit is now functioning again <:)

It is a bit random but what i did was - Used a tooth brush and cleaned the contacts on the unit and on the cradle ( accessible by pushing in arm on cradle to bring up contacts ). Jiggled the usb in and out a couple of times on the laptop and made sure the conection was sound. I then deleted the music files on the unit, updated the Media Go software and hey presto, it would switch on so then transfered my music back on PHEW ...All back to normal <:)

I won't be updating it again, i think.

Hope this solution works for others too

Good luck

Destinysheba

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Destinysheba
Explorer

The correct product number is:- NWZ-W273

Destinysheba

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Destinysheba, 

Welcome to the community. 

With regards to the download for the NWZ-W273, please follow the Mac instructions here or the Windows instructions here, and let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Destinysheba
Explorer

Hiya Pascale_F

Thank you for your reply.

The original problem that has occured of my unit not working/switching on was when i downloaded and installed Firmwear 1.10  I have not had any problems before this.

Is there anyway i can solve this please

Many thanks

Destinysheba

profile.country.GB.title
Destinysheba
Explorer

I found a solution to this problem that worked for me and my unit is now functioning again <:)

It is a bit random but what i did was - Used a tooth brush and cleaned the contacts on the unit and on the cradle ( accessible by pushing in arm on cradle to bring up contacts ). Jiggled the usb in and out a couple of times on the laptop and made sure the conection was sound. I then deleted the music files on the unit, updated the Media Go software and hey presto, it would switch on so then transfered my music back on PHEW ...All back to normal <:)

I won't be updating it again, i think.

Hope this solution works for others too

Good luck

Destinysheba