Join now - be part of our community!

Wh-Ch500 Headphones, lost voice assistance.

profile.country.GB.title
Efarr1
Explorer

Wh-Ch500 Headphones, lost voice assistance.

I have been using these for around a month, and after charging them today, when I turn them on, I have no voice assistance to say 'Power on' or to tell me my Bluetooth is connected. Everything else works fine, I just have lose all voice assistance when powering on or off. I have tried looking for answers but can't find anything that could help.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi, and welcome to the community.

There's some information about voice assist in the help guide here that should help.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Efarr1
Explorer

It's not Siri, I am using android.

I mean the voice that speaks when you manually turn on and off the headphones, eg the voice says 'Power On' inside the headphones. That has stopped completely, and also now when I turn up the volume using my phone, the volume coming through doesn't match what I have it set as.

For example if I have it 40% of the way up my volume bar, it's like I have it at 100% and then the more I go up the bar it alternates between getting quieter and louder. I can't think of a better way to describe it  

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Efarr1,

have you tried to reset your headphones as described here: http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/whch500/v1/en/contents/TP0001613429.html

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Efarr1
Explorer

Yeah, I've tried that twice already, and still nothing. 

profile.country.GB.title
Nicoalex02
Explorer

I have the same issue i donno if is an firmware update or a malfunction.

I need help.

profile.country.SE.title
Psych75
Explorer

I have exactly the same problems.

profile.country.GB.title
Efarr1
Explorer

I ended up taking them into a Sony store and the rep said that its an issue that can't be fixed and that I should just return them. So I did and got a different brand of headphones. I know this might not be much help to you, but it's what ended up happening for me. 

profile.country.GB.title
Efarr1
Explorer

I ended up taking them into a Sony store and the rep said that its an issue that can't be fixed and that I should just return them. So I did and got a different brand of headphones. I know this might not be much help to you, but it's what ended up happening for me. 

DrBoothy
Explorer

Exact same issue here. Super annoying.