Join now - be part of our community!

XDRS40DBP/ SERIAL # 1049815 CD player stopped working FAULT acknowledged

profile.country.GB.title
CarolAJ50
New

XDRS40DBP/ SERIAL # 1049815 CD player stopped working FAULT acknowledged

As advised on this site, I took the cd player back to CURRYS Scarborough. They were rude, disinterested and refused to accept SONY had acknowledged a fault with it. They offered me £15. 38. A new one would be £60.? Can it be repaired?

I am an OAP and use it for music cds and tapes. I am upset and disappointed with CURRYS. I hope some one on here can help.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the community.

You can get advice about repairs here.

They'll let you know what can be done and the cost. We hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
CarolAJ50
New

I have located our nearest SONY dealer and repair shop, TVC, 4 Railway Street,  MALTON YO17 7NR. This shop is 20 miles away from where we live. 

The shop looked into the the problem and suggested I take the CDplayer in and pay them £25 for a 30 minute engineer investigation and possible repair; any further repair time would be added on to this amount.

I asked whether SONY would reimburse or pay for the repair as the problem has been acknowledged by the company. The shop suggested I rang SONY to ask as they have to charge me whatever it costs.

I have tried ringing SONY at various times of day, to no avail; lines busy all the time and probably costing me.

The cost of repairs, travel and phone time will be in excess of buying a new one. I am becoming more saddened disillusioned as well as being without a CD player.