Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.NO.title
Taldust
Explorer

KD-65XE9305 problems after Android 8.0 update

Hi everyone,

A while back, I updated my 65XE9305  to the latest software version.

After the update, I experience the following:

When the TV is turned on after being turned off for some time, it goes through a long startup process. First, "android" appears on the screen, second, the TV restarts, third the "SONY" comes up on the screen, and forth a graphic comes up (4 colorful dots) that was displayed when the latest version of Android was installed. The whole startup takes 2-4 minutes (it varies), compared to the normal boot of a few seconds.

When off, TV does not communicate with Google Home nor can I cast directly from YouTube, Netflix etc. I can therefore not turn on the TV without the remote, as I am used to.

All these things work as usual once the TV has been "manually" turned on and gone through the process. If I turn off the TV for a short time, it will start quickly, casting will turn the TV on and Google Home will be able to control the TV normally.

However, if the TV has been turned off for some time, it has to go through the long boot again. For example, I have to go through this process the first time the TV goes on every day, and again every time the TV has been turned off for an hour or two.

A complete "factory reset" did not remedy the problem.

Has anyone experienced similar issues and do you have a solution? 

Who Me Too'd this topic