Join now - be part of our community!

Next USB firmware Update MUST include an option of FACTORY RESET

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Next USB firmware Update MUST include an option of FACTORY RESET

Ongoing issues of unsuccessful firmware Updates, must persuade Sony(or Google) Programmers, to include during flashing startup procedure of New Firmware, the option to Perform a "Factory Reset" Update or a "Keep previous Settings" Update.

This means that @aoriol and all others with similar issues, during next firmware update, that will be performed only by a USB flash Firmware, shall have the option at the begging to perform a Clean Update to remove any accounts or apps that might cause issues.

1. Perform a clean installation Update (Everything shall be erased)

2. Perform Update Only (Your apps and settings are not deleted)

I hope I am not wrong again and these option are already included :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

It's OK now I think. I mean with the Force Factory Reset procedure.

Many wishes to all people and a Happy New Year for all of us.:smileyhappy: . And peace of course :handshake: all over the world.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MiCal1967

You know, I did read this at the time.  But I just cannot see Sony/Google developers including this option.  Factory resetting is advised if anyone experiences problems afterwards - but its up to the individual TV owner to do this.

Also having extra options prevents automattically updating/installing over night etc (i think)

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

It's OK now I think. I mean with the Force Factory Reset procedure.

Many wishes to all people and a Happy New Year for all of us.:smileyhappy: . And peace of course :handshake: all over the world.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I always think it should be Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year - we seem to drink more on New Years eve, hence the Merryness !!