Join now - be part of our community!

Accidentally deleted pictures

Thehairyfarmer
Visitor

Accidentally deleted pictures

I got a message from the phone that memory was 99% full and I should transfer pictures to an sd card. I dont have an sd card so I aswered continue and the phone said " will you release storage space by deleting pictures that are not safety copied" - and I accidentally pressed yes!!

Is there a possibility that I can retrieve the deleted pictures from the phone?

I havent stored any new pictures om the phone since this happened.

6 REPLIES 6
Jonas
Master

Hi @Thehairyfarmer, sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly_frowning_Face

I can see that you have posted in the Tips & tricks part of our forum and you have not included which phone model you have. Could you please get back to me with this information?

You can find the model number under Settings > (System) > About phone.

If the photos are not backed up in any way, we do not have any program/app to restore them.

If you have used the Google Photos service to backup your pictures, open up the Google Photo application, or use a web browser to visit photos.google.com and see if the pictures can be found here.

Let me know if that helps!

Thehairyfarmer
Visitor

Hi Jonas. It's an Xperia xa. Thanks for the suggestion about Google pics. I'll try that. 

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Thehairyfarmer and thank you for the device information.

I have moved the thread to the Xperia XA board, just so we have it in the correct place! Slightly_smiling_Face

Did you have any luck if have had the time to try Google Photos?

Thehairyfarmer
Visitor

Hi Jonas. Thanks for your help - the pictures were on Google photos. 

Morten 

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Thehairyfarmer,

That is awesome news and you're very welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a fantastic day and let me know if there is anything else.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

For other visitors reading this topic:

Read about backup of pictures here.