Join now - be part of our community!

My camera has been deleted after dropping my phone in water. How can i get it back please?

Macbeth59
Visitor

My camera has been deleted after dropping my phone in water. How can i get it back please?

4 REPLIES 4
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Macbeth59, let me see if I can help out here.

Could you possibly elaborate your question a bit? For example, are you not able to open the camera app after the phone was dropped or has the camera app disappeared from the app drawer completely?

Please do elaborate your question and I will do my best to assist you! 

Macbeth59
Visitor

I apologise for the late reply and from now on I will be checking this forum daily. 

Thanks for offering to help. To elaborate, I still have the camera icon, but I can't open either camera. I get a triangular toolbox sign which says 'unknown error' also the torch no longer works.

I have tried restarting in safe mode but this doesn't help. 

Thank you

Macbeth59
Visitor

I no longer get the triangular toolbox symbol. Just says unknown error. Also have tried force stop camera in settings in safe mode but nothing works. 

I have had this issue for over a month now. 

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi again @Macbeth59,

In that case I would suggest that you try to repair the software in the phone using Xperia Companion and a computer. Do note though that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so it is advised to do a backup before the repair in order to avoid data loss.

If the camera still do not work after the software repair, I believe that the best thing to do is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have your phone sent o an authorized service center.If you have any questions regarding the service such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions!