Join now - be part of our community!

Problem bluetooth pairing

SOLVED
ThomasMicolon
Visitor

Problem bluetooth pairing

Hello,
I have since friday a new xperia XA1 smartphone. It work very fine, but when i tried to pairing my phone with my bluetooth system in my car, I directly a message in my car, connection failed. In my phone, i have not the time to enter pin code. Someone have a solution for this problem ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NEOMERCER
Visitor

I have been having numerous issues with Bluetooth as well. Bluetooth and Calling seem to be the biggest problems I have had with my XA1 sine I got it last month. For Bluetooth, it seems like whenever you turn it on, the first thing it wants to do is auto connect to whatever device you last had it paired to. This is extremely frustrating when you want to try and add a new device because it seems like you have to sit and wait for the phone to figure out that your previous device is unavailable. I had problems trying to connect my phone to my mom's car via Bluetooth as well. I don't think there's any real specific method for getting it to work. My recommendation would be to park yourself somewhere safe, make sure all other devices with Bluetooth enabled are turned off and just try and be patient with your XA1. Eventually you should be able to enter the pin number to connect the two devices. 

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
Intipuss
Visitor

I had the same problem on 2 white sony xa1 ultra phones that I got from Amazon. The second one was to replace the faulty first one.

My phones took a long while to connect to my cars bluetooth  the first time. After that they would not connect unless I stopped the car, turned off the engine and restarted the cars from scrath.

My phones also kept magnifying the screen to its fullest  when I was in email,messenger and calendar, but it would not reset to normal utill you exited the app or turned the phone off. I worked it out that when I was typing 3 letter words the phone thought that was the instruction to magnify the screen ( 3 taps or use 2 fingers in the open or close mode on the scree). AS I said it refused to return to normal size. Amazon were great and refunded my money immediatly

furankumon
Visitor

Try resetting your applications. Find the link by searching in the support app on your phone. 

Worked for me

NEOMERCER
Visitor

I have been having numerous issues with Bluetooth as well. Bluetooth and Calling seem to be the biggest problems I have had with my XA1 sine I got it last month. For Bluetooth, it seems like whenever you turn it on, the first thing it wants to do is auto connect to whatever device you last had it paired to. This is extremely frustrating when you want to try and add a new device because it seems like you have to sit and wait for the phone to figure out that your previous device is unavailable. I had problems trying to connect my phone to my mom's car via Bluetooth as well. I don't think there's any real specific method for getting it to work. My recommendation would be to park yourself somewhere safe, make sure all other devices with Bluetooth enabled are turned off and just try and be patient with your XA1. Eventually you should be able to enter the pin number to connect the two devices. 

Jovannie77
Visitor

Hi,

Same issue here.

Please advise on a solution?

Is it an update of android 7.0??

Lekkiman
Visitor

I have the same problem with my xa1 purchased from Amazon last month.

The phone inconsistently pairs with speakers and a blackberry phone but fails to pair with automobile hands free and iPhone

No solution has been offered by sony or Android.

Being patient is not a solution. 

Undies
Visitor

I had major problems pairing my xz to my jvc car stereo only to find the list of devices on jvc was full deleted old ones and they paired straight away 

Lekkiman
Visitor

I tried that with the Toyota hands free and it did not work for Sony Xperia but I could link the iphone and blackberry afterwards so it's a problem with the Sony phone. 

AidanXL1
Visitor

What is the point of the support forum? Is it to let SOny off the hook for poor plannig?

PAtients in not the soloution to a software problem! next thing you know they'll be saying

"did you turn it off and turn int on again"??

What is casuing the problem why can i not get to the pairing id screeen to enter the pairing numbers?

An answer would be nice.

Lekkiman
Visitor

I agree with you,  Adrian XL1.  In my case other Android devices will pair when the Sony android does not. I think it is a Sony hardware glitch but Sony is not responding to owners.