Join now - be part of our community!

Problem bluetooth pairing

SOLVED
ThomasMicolon
Visitor

Problem bluetooth pairing

Hello,
I have since friday a new xperia XA1 smartphone. It work very fine, but when i tried to pairing my phone with my bluetooth system in my car, I directly a message in my car, connection failed. In my phone, i have not the time to enter pin code. Someone have a solution for this problem ?

Thanks in advance

60 REPLIES 60
Tyguy28
Visitor

The solution giving above does work. The problem is finding how to get to these settings. 

1. Go to Bluetooth page and turn Bluetooth off

2. Click the link on. This dissapearsfor me after turned off

3. Turn off Bluetooth scanning (turn off wifi scanning as well as I had problems with wifi staying connected as well and this solved both issues) 

dla_HQ
Visitor

Hi, tried turning off scan but the bluetooth still can't detect my JBL Flip 3 portable speaker,it just doesn't show on the phone at all. Any more ideas please?

Lekkiman
Visitor

This is a Sony problem. Sony needs to fix this as the Xa1 will not pair with automobile hands free or most Bluetooth devices  

I have tried all solutions posted and none of them work. 

MentelM
Visitor

@Apoorv495 wrote:

Go to bluetooth>more settings>bluetooth settings> turn off auto scan

Problem will be solved

YEAH, IT WORKS!

Lekkiman
Visitor

It may solve your problem but it does not solve my original problem; namely, the Xa1 will not pair with my car "hands free" or ANY apple product.

The Xa1 has a faulty design 

phattman51
Visitor

to Tyguy28

i did as u said and turned bluetooth scanning off as i couldn't pair xa1 with srs xb30 speaker,

which was beeping frustrating, and it worked. thanks

i agree SONY should at least advise there customers, come on sony...

SeVeMaS
Visitor

It looks like Sony is waiting for the solution from the users instead of searching for it as the XA1 is a mid range phone, not worthing the search like the XZ1 or XZ premium. It seams the problem is the Bluetooth (hardware or software)  as it causes problems with the wi-fi when on. In my car (2011 Renault Scenic) I successfully connected my XA1 by 1st connected it as a music device and then as a phone, but then the music info is stuck even with the other phones. It seams that the Bluetooth causes conflicts with any device, maybe some protocol is missing or is "incomplete".

It's sad that not even one answer for Sony to let us know that they are aware... 

Superr1
Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue. Is there an official reply from Sony? 

Andy46
Visitor

No. Don't don't care about customers. I'm going back to Samsung next time. Their phones work well with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

Minmiko
Visitor

A WORKING SOLUTION: so I got this phone about two weeks ago and I loved it. However, I noticed it wasn't syncing with my cars Bluetooth. It would work fine with my other Bluetooth speakers, but it would NOT work for me in my car. I stumbled aacross this forum, but saw no working solution. What worked for me: I go into my car's system and then I cleared synced phones. I deleted the connected phones and THEN I reconnect my Sony phone. Worked out for me, howhowe every three days I have to wipe out my cars connected phones history. But at least bluetooth works and I can listen to what I want!