Join now - be part of our community!

Problem bluetooth pairing

SOLVED
ThomasMicolon
Visitor

Problem bluetooth pairing

Hello,
I have since friday a new xperia XA1 smartphone. It work very fine, but when i tried to pairing my phone with my bluetooth system in my car, I directly a message in my car, connection failed. In my phone, i have not the time to enter pin code. Someone have a solution for this problem ?

Thanks in advance

60 REPLIES 60
Mumz
Visitor

I have the same issues, phone always has authentication problems and bluetooth connects 1 time out of a dozen tries. I'm tired of having to restart my phone to make the thing work. 

Mumz
Visitor

no solution here just more BS

Ijustwanttopost
Visitor

"be patient" IS NOT A SOLUTION

Andy46
Visitor

Sometimes it works. Sometimes I have to turn off bluetooth and then on again. Sometimes I need to restart the whole phone. It's broken and needs fixing, but Sony don't care.

Ijustwanttopost
Visitor

Nope, Sony already got their money. 

Mawei1
Visitor

These problems have reappeared for a 3rd time for me. I've already sent it for 'repair' twice.. Sony customer support is shameful and an embarassment to the brand. They just copy and paste useless 'advice'.Get a Samsung instead people!

Ashu2077
Visitor

I did some research and read that wifi and bluetooth tend to conflict.

Put the wifi off incase blutooth is not pairing.

Wait for successful pair and turn on wifi.

If all fails restart the phone. I have been restarting my phone almost once a day when connecting to any bluetooth device if not the same as the last paired device.

This leads me to believe it is a caching problem which would explain why restart resolves the issue.

it is a sony problem that sony refused to fix. All they say it is coming in next update. I have had several updates since i purchased my phone 6 months ago and no change.

My next phone is not going to be SONY for sure.

Ashu2077
Visitor

sometimes i wonder if this website is official sony support site due to lack of sony response to this aggrevating problem.

I have a feeling this issue is a hardware problem possible the device wifi scanning and bluetooth is sharing same part on the phone causing conflicts when both are turned on.

With that being said if the issue is hardware related and recall would result in massive expense probably why sony is silent. Again my speculation i certainly hope i am wrong.

I am going endure this phone still another 6 months or so and if no improvement my daughter will get for watching her netflix and youtube at home with added feature of paper weight.

C-Joe
Visitor

Recently received two updates from Sony on 24/02/2018 and 05/03/2018 and now I cannot link Amazon Music to my Toyota via Bluetooth as it keeps telling me the device has stopped working.However, it allows me to receive calls and link up the internet. I have been asked to factory reset the phone which I am not looking forward to doing because of losing my data. I have uninstalled Amazon music, checked all permissions, and done all I could to no avail. Tried my wife's Samsung S8 and everything works just fine. Guess what am going to stop buying Sony phones for now as it seems it is not compatible with a lot of things.

C-Joe
Visitor

I phoned up and their customer service, they sent me an email to do a factory reset which I think might work but highly sceptical as I really don't want to lose my data.I have lost too many after a factory reset.