Join now - be part of our community!

Process System isn't responding

Nit_B
Visitor

Process System isn't responding

While using Xperia XA1 Ultra it freezes suddenly and a drop box appears "Process System Isn't Responding" 😑Screenshot_20170917-095140.png

29 REPLIES 29
Emyr
Visitor

I have the same problem with my Xperia XA1 Plus... Even the camera isn't responding... The animation merely flashes back before going back to the menu. 

Jaffafa
Visitor

This is only happening in Sony Xperia phones, I have never had this or any other issue with any other phones. I will never buy Sony Phones again, Sony Xperia is crap, I only bought it for the nice squarish design.

Faultyxperiaxa1
Visitor

This is really upsetting that Sony is least bothered to reply on users continuous complaints about Sony Xperia XA1 + models. I bought the sony mobile reluctantly first time ever and my doubt came true when just after a few days of using it started flashing this same error PROCESS SYSTEM NOT RESPONDING. It prompts anywhere anytime even if it is not being used at that time. When sent to the service centre they changed the power board updated the software and sent back saying its all new now. But the very next morning when I inserted the sim n memory card after a few hours same msg started prompting again. I gave it back to the seller again and now the service centre people say there is no problem in it at all and sent it back after 1 week. So can someone from sony tell me what was the problem in the beginning when they changed the power board and why they cannot see the same problem now. 

Bottom line is ofcourse Sony knows there is a problem with this particular model that is why it is being sold at almost half the price in the stores which is so unethical. Instead of recalling this faulty models it is being sold at discounted price to unaware ppl. I feel so cheated. 

Is there anyone from Sony who can reply 

iannos1
Visitor

The above advice from brobddy (/t5/Xperia-XA1-Ultra/Process-System-isn-t-responding/m-p/1289964/highlight/true#M1649) did the trick! Well done, it was an issue that made my phone almost useless!

Bella18
Visitor

I have the same issue in my phone, I bought it new and first day I used it showing most of the time system process not responding. It's disturbing me anytime so I am not satisfied for my new phone, ... I never thought my new phone Sony works like this. 

alirezahar
Visitor

hello

I think updating xperia assist and support apps via google play will resolve the problem

if you check google play you will be notified for new update of xperia assist, just update it, excute it and activate smart cleaner restart phone

it is about 2 weeks I haven't seen this error hope not to see again

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

When problems occur one can check, investigate, spend time et cetera.

The best solution in most cases is to stop searching and do a software repair using Xperia Companion.

After that DON'T restore the backup.

Just install the most needed apps.

You'll end up with a clean and lean machine.

Tolito1978
Visitor

My cell freezes and a its say proces system isn't  responding what can i do?

Faroqulislam
Visitor

Process system is't responding

Hevsie
Visitor

I got an email reminding me of this thread, which I replied to about a year ago concerning my problems with Xperia and its unresponsive process system.

I found the perfect solution to my long-term Sony phone patronage... a Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

Despite the recent hoo-ha in the media, I love it. Its spec (especially the memory and camera) leaves the Xperia at the starting blocks. And despite still having a rather hefty price tag to buy outright, I recently replaced my original with a replica. (Not through any system problems, but because my Dobermann pup mistook it for a bone!!)